Can anyone tell me a good dish to make for thanksgiving?

Or a good website of recipes for different dishes? I need to make one to bring with me but I have no idea what to make. I'm also bringing pie, but I want to bring something as part of the meal as well as the desert.

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Just take deviled eggs. They are quick and easy and every one loves them

Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon soy sauce

Dash ground black pepper

4 cups cooked cut green beans

1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions

Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
    Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
    Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.

For Broccoli Casserole, substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli flowerets for the green beans.
    For cheese lovers, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
    To add a festive touch, stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
    To add cr
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You could make Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Corn Bread, Yeast Rolls. There are so many things to make and never enough time to make them all!! Mexi-Corn Casserole is quick and easy...two cans of Mexi-Corn and 3 oz. of cream cheese! That's all! Drain the corn, add the cream cheese, microwave for one minute, stir; then microwave for another minute...DONE! (if the cream cheese doesn't melt completely, stir again, and microwave another minute) Very easy and very tasty! Hope this helps!!
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 3:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• eww mexica born casserole sounds grossssssssss dont ever feed that to a human
    Anonymous

• I agree about the sweet potato casserole, I brought 2 to a Thanksgiving with friends we had this past weekend and they ate both of them. Tyler Florence has a good recipe its on the food network website or you can buy one at the honey baked ham company for $7 and its soooo good. Good luck and Happy Thansgiving
    mycheyl

Answer by mycheyl at 3:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Listen, go to foodnetwork.com and you will find thousands of Thanksgiving dishes from moderate to hard to easy ones. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Answer by older at 3:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Southern Corn Pudding- It's a side dish not a dessert

1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

1 16oz can Whole Kernel Corn with juice

1 16oz can Cream Corn

1 stick melted butter

1 cup sour cream

2 eggs

Mix all ingredients until blended. Pour into big flat baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I've got one that's not your usual holiday side, but our family has started making it for holiday and taking to people's houses as well and it's a HUGE hit!

Veggie Cream Cheesie Casserole

1 – 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
    1 red onion sliced thin

Defrost veggies in microwave and drain. Put into 8x8 dish
    Slice onion and top veggies with it. Top with Sauce.

Sauce
    1 cube butter
    4-5 Tb. Flour
    2 cups milk
    8 oz cream cheese

Make a rue with butter and flour. Add 2 cups of milk. Cook until thick and bubbly. Take off stove and andd 8 oz. cream cheese. Mix and pour over veggies.

Topping:
    Cheddar Cheese
    Ritz crackers
    1/2 cup butter

Sprinkle with 2 cups cheddar cheese on top. Take one tube Ritz crackers and smash. Add ½ cup butter in skillet and mix. Put on top.

Cook 25 min. at 350 degrees.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sweet Potato Pudding
    6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2/3 cup dark brown sugar
    2/3 cup white sugar
    4 eggs, beaten
    2/3 cup orange juice
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash.
    In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, orange juice and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared dish.
    Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes.
    Notes: instead of the sugar and orange juice, I use ½ can of sweetened condensed milk; instead of the vanilla I use a really good dark rum. If you use rum be sure to taste it frequently to make sure that it has not spoiled.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2009