Have you ever joined a MOMS group?

I found out that my city has a chapter, and I could almost kick myself for not finding out sooner. (If you don't know what a MOMS group is...google it.)

I'd like to join, but I'm so weird about calling people I don't know. Meh.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• moms or mops?
    ive never heard of moms but i have been to mops and it did help me alot. it was nice. . .
    can you give us more info on what group your refering too.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It's called Moms Offering Moms Support. It's a club for stay at home moms =) I'm just scared they'll laugh in my face or something (which is totally irrational.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• well if you dont give it a try you will never know. im kicking ymself in the arse b.c i dont have any freinds and im stuck at home all the time. i went out and got a part time job for the holidays so technically im not a stay at home mom yet.. but i know ill definatly need some support when my husband deploys.so im looking into find a group now. . .
    good luck
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have run, joined, and been in many many many different types of mom oriented groups over the last 15 years. They have all be wonderful. But like anything in life you have to put your self out there and make your self available for the friendships. And like any group there will be people you like and people you dont like.

Go, see, have fun!
    Anonymous

• I have been a member of my local chapter for a few years now they seem to have a lot of stuff geared towards babies(either that or it's just my local chapter) and my DS is older so I am really not getting much out of it lately except our weekly playgroup but I have made 2 really good friends out if so I guess all isn't lost.
    Anonymous

• Yes I am a member of my local chapter, I love it! Ours is geared towards kids of all ages and spouses are also included once a month in family events. None of my friends had kids when I had my son so it was a great way to meet other moms!
    Anonymous

• i hated the one i was in. we never got together, the kids were all older and i had a baby. the women on the webiste were rude and thought there were better than you if they were from a different chapter. plus most of the kids were brats anyways
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2009