Do your children see Pediatrician's or Family Practitioners?

My children have always seen a pediatrician since they were born. They are now 7, 10 and 13. The doctor they have been seeing for the past 7 years is leaving the practice because she is having a baby. She is going to work in the hospital at night and no longer see patients in the practice, nor any new practice. I have to find them new doctors. I live in a small town. There is one doctor office here where I go, but it is with a family practitioner. I like her alot, but am a little nervous having my children go see somebody who is not a pediatrician. Should I find them another pediatrician or will a family practitioner be good enough? Are there cases where a child needs a pediatrician?

My son has Autism and other diagnoses for which he is being followed by a Dev. Beh. Pedi seperate from his Pedi.

jlemaycox

Asked by jlemaycox at 4:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Health

• My daughter, spouse and I; my sister and her family; and several friends all see the same family practitioner.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I saw always saw a family doctor when a kid. So did my husband. However, we have chosen pediatricians for our sons just because we like how their office runs better. Better hours.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2009