I dont want to, I dont want to! (laying on ground pounding fists and kicking)

ugh.... hubby wants the house decorated for Chirstmas and the kids do to. But we are leaving in 2 weeks and not coming back until the new year. I really dont want to come back from vacation with 4 suitcases full of dirty clothes, a house to clean, ton's o emails to sort through AND have to put away Christmas decorations.

ugh... I know it is totally bah hum bug. But we WILL have a tree where we are going so why should I do ALL this work here???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Been there done that...I got my way though, LOL. My husband is a big believer in "if mama isn't happy nobody is gonna be happy"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Get a tiny table top tree, string a few lights on it, 20 ornaments and there ya go!

I did not have a big place before where I could set a tree up in a corner. I actually had a mini 12 inch tree. I decorated it with multi-colored lights and white lights and glued tiny ornaments onto it and WAH-LA! My own little tree!

It sat on top of my entertainment center and it looked taller from outside the front window like a full tree! LOL

This was way before I had children and single, but it was simple to do and easy to put back INTO the box and the ornaments stayed put!

Good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Don't look at it as work, look at it as building memories with the kids. (then make them take it all down while you do laundry)

Answer by admckenzie at 4:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would want to decorate so that the place is festive for not just the kids, but me too because I enjoy it. I don't feel you should be doing it by yourself though. Doing the Christmas decorating is a team effort at our house.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I say if you and the family are not going to be there to enjoy the tree, lights etc.. Don't put it up. It doesn't make sense to put everything up and you are not there for Christmas..

It sounds like more work for when you get home. If hubby and the kids want it up, let them do it together and take it all down together..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2009