How do you make Meatloaf?

I was wondering how to make meatloaf i told my hubby i would get my moms reciepe but she passed away before i could ask her and i need to make it tonite...so i need a good quick recipe to make....THank you a bunch!

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• This is what I put in mine but don't know exact amounts, I just know the recipe and tend to throw the stuff in. 1 packet dry French Onion soup mix, dried bread crumbs (I use Progresso but any will do, you can also use oatmeal or crushed crackers) worchestershire sauce, catsup, salt and pepper, and one beaten egg. I add it all to the hamburger, mix it up with my hands and then put it in to cook. Hope that helps. Everyone seems to love my meat loaf.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• www.allrecipe.com  is a good site to find recipes on.

I like using bread crumbs in mine.

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I put bread crumbs, a package of lipton onion soup, an egg, some seasonings, and a little bit of ketchup. i also make a sauce that i pour on top before baking which consists of mostly ketchup, a little bit of mustard and brown sugar. then i put it in a loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour on 350. it's always delicious. good luck :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sophia...thats what my moms sounds like i remember having to mix it with my hands and the bread crumbs and some other things i forgot about the egg until now...thank you soo much!
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You can't really make meatloaf wrong. This is what I put in mine. Nothing is really measured.

Burger
    BBQ Sauce
    Egg
    Oatmeal - some use breadcrumbs... I love the oatmeal because I sneak a little bit of healthy into the meatloaf and you can't tell.
    Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    tiny can of tomato sauce if I have it otherwise not a necessary ingredient
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic Salt

I love adding the BBQ sauce because it gives the meatloaf just a little bit of a tangy flavor. My MIL adds only tomato sauce to hers.

Mix and bake @ 350 for 45 min-60 min.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i use french onion dried soup mix, steak sauce, egg, cheddar cheese, and seasonings. try allrecipes.com its a great site, adn the recipes are rated so you can find a good one!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 7:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My quick recipe. 1 1/2 lb meat loaf mix(mix of veal, pork, and sirloin) or just sirloin, 1 package of onion soup( the kind you mix with sour cream for dip), 1/2 can of cambelles low sodium tomato soup( the onion soup already adds enough salt) reserve the other half, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs. Mix together and place in preheated oven @ 350 for 35-45 min. At about 25 minuets in drain all the drippings into a sauce pan and mix in the tomato soup. Prepare just like the soup, add water or milk( I'm evil, I like to add a little cream). Drizzle the soup on top of the meat loaf for a yummy gravy. Don't forget to make corn bread. This really is so easy. I got this recipe from one of those little books that are always by the check-out line years ago. Its been a keeper and so simple.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009