HAS ANYONE HAD A PREEMIE WITH A SWOLLEN SPLINE?

Today was my son 1st time going to the developmental bevhavorial center and we got there the peds doctor was feeling on my son tummy and said that his spline was swollen.... well i was lookin it up on the internet and it says that the symptons were hicups and pain in upper tummy and not be able to eat a whole bottle. I am really worried and the doctor told me to wait until my next apt. to his ped. and tell them but that 2 months aways. Does anyone has a child that has a swollen spline? and how are they doing today and is there anything i can do? My son was 7 weeks early. Thank you very much!!! The doctor also told me that it could be infection and that there is nothing we can do but give it time to heal. and My son has the hicups all the time and he really will only eat about 4oz and he dont seem like he is in pain what should i do????

chrisms111

Asked by chrisms111 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean spleen? Or spine? Anyway, here's a bump.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My girls were 8 weeks early and while we didn't face this particular issue, one thing I learned was the mention of the word infection would make me get to the doctor as quick as possible. Have the name of the doctor you saw so that your regular ped. can call for a report over the phone if they haven't sent a written one. It is really easy to misunderstand in a doctors office with a young child who is a premie. So I'd call and see if you could get some clarification of the situation.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yea i talking about spleen? sry thank you for answers!!!
    chrisms111

Answer by chrisms111 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009