At what age to boys outgrow thinking gross bodily fluids = conversation starter?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL..never. When our boys were teens we used to joke that somewhere around age 7-9 the 'fart humor fairy' shows up and never leaves. My oldest will be 27 next month..he will still do the armpit fart thing for a laugh..I just had to lay the law down about what was acceptable, when and where. I know it wasn't just mine..you should have seen/heard it when my sisters boys came over all 4 of them at once.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• LOL Never! Sorry, but seriously, I know grown men who still think that kind of stuff is not only appropriate, but funny. I think if you just don't make a big deal out of it, and just casually change the subject when they bring it up, they tend to eventually get the hint and stop bringing it up quite so much.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• LOL! Never I think. My 24-year-old son still finds his 17-year-old brother's potty humor funny....and dad chuckles in the background.
    Anonymous

• When a girl they REALLY like, responds in a repulsed manner to them and their "bodily fluids," is pretty much when it ceases. Although, I believe they resume when they are around their Neanderthal friends!!! LOL  :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• NEVER

My husband is the one who instigates (sp? hmm..never actually seen the word before) it!!!
    Anonymous

• never....father-in-law has told stories about peeing and pooping his pants (recently!!!) to the entire family and anyone else that happens to be there! TMI!!!!!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't think it ever goes away....except maybe in their teens, but only in the presence of girls. My husband still finds farts funny and will every now and then break out with a "diarrhea cha cha cha" from Beavis and Butthead.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Never!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• And just so you can share in my cringing - this conversation was started by DS running up to me with a kleenex and yelling "look how long this snot is!"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't know. My husband is 41 so I'll let you know when he outgrows it!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009