How do we get past it? *not cheating*

Long story short, my husband made a horribly selfish financial decision (despite my protests) that blew up in our faces. The price paid for it was my vehicle. He still has his - one I cannot drive. He's said he's sorry, always followed by a BUT. But he didn't think this would happen. But I don't know how hard it is for him to feel so guilty. Both feel like slaps to the face at this point in time. I don't want to be so upset but I am. We've been here before...I protested then paid the price for his decision...but I've always been able to put on my brave face and take the hits. I can't this time. Maybe because it's Thanksgiving break and I cannot take my children to the park. Maybe I just don't want to.
Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I think the best way to solve anything is to just talk it out. express to him why it upsets you so much.

I can definately see why you're upset. I'd be livid if my husband made a decision that I specifically told him was not a good idea. BIG decisions need to involve BOTH parties.

carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Put his car for sale. Then buy one you can drive. Tell him your so sorry but...... Ive been here darling and he'll never stop till he knows he'll be the one to pay the price.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'd be very upset - I used to have a husband like that. I would sell his car, and use it to buy a car that you can use or if it's a nice car sell it and buy two cheaper cars so you both have one.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i'd feel the same. how could he hurt you so bad and not make it right by having him sacrifice something of his own.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i agree with jillybeans24. you guys need to get a vehicle you can BOTH drive.

at this point, i would sit down with him and work out your finances. he needs to take some financial planning classes. and you have to stand firm on future financial decisions. it's better to have him a little pissed than lose your belongings because he wanted to "try something out."

my husband and i went through a period where finances were horrible because he was spending on nonsense. he was the one who realized that we had no money at the end of each month because of HIS choices, and put himself on a budget. he gave up his atm and debit cards, and would only get $20 at the beginning of each work week for lunches/snacks. after a couple months of that, he felt able to control his spending. while he still has that tendency to want to spend on frivolous items, he's much better now.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 2:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2009