HELP!! TURKEY N HAM EMERGENCY!!!!!!!

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO OUT OF STATE FOR THANKSGIVING,AND CAN'T NOW BC THE CAR MESSED UP!! BUT I DO HAVE A HAM N TURKEY IN THE FREEZER , I WAS WONDERING IF I SIT IT MAYBE IN THE TUB OF COLD WATER WILL IT THAW? :( RIGHT NOW ITS 445 PM IF THAT HELPS .. I DIDN'T SIT IT OUT BEFORE BC WE WEREN'T GUNNA BE HERE FOR 2 WEEKS .. :( I'm SO UPSET !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thawing In Cold Water

If it's the day before you plan to serve your turkey and you just remembered that it's still sitting in the freezer, don't despair. Check the wrapping to make sure there are no tears, and simply place the bird in its unopened bag in the sink or in a large container and cover it with cold water. If the wrapping is torn, place the turkey in another plastic bag, close securely, and then place in water. You will need to change the water frequently to assure safe but effective thawing. The National Turkey Federation recommends every 30 minutes as a rule of thumb.

Thawing Time In Cold Water (Whole Turkey)

8 - 12 pounds 4 to 6 hours
    12 - 16 pounds 6 to 9 hours
    16 - 20 pounds 9 to 11 hours
    20 - 24 pounds 11 to 12 hours
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i have a frozen turkey too...and putting it in a cold sinkful of water is your best bet...thats what im doing anyway..how big is the turkey? it is supposed to be in the fridge one day for every 5 pounds
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I think the water thing works. But you have to change it every few hours or so. Look online for something like "thaw turkey quickly" and I'm sure you'll get something. Or let the ham thaw overnight and drop it in the crockpot first thing in the morning!
    Anonymous

• Yes, it should, but I think you're supposed to change the water every 30 minutes or so. Maybe start to now, and keep changing the water until you go to bed. Then pop it in the fridge for the night, and start it back in cool water as soon as you get up in the morning if you have to. Good luck! And happy Thanksgiving!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Oh thanks ladies!!!! I'm on my phone so I can't look at much so I'm relying on yalls tips! Lol
    Anonymous

• Omg sohpiaoflight- THANK YOOOOOU!!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!
    Anonymous