do you feel bad when your kids misbehave?

I have 3 year old twins. They are both very independent head strong kids, so there is A LOT of fighting! I have tried every form of discipline imaginable, but nothing really seems to help much. I'm hoping its a terrible twos sort of thing and eventually they will grow out it. Anyway, when they act horrible and beat on each and take things and don't listen I always feel like its my fault; like I'm a bad parent or something. Does anyone else ever feel this way when their kids turn into terrors?

frat_twin_mama

Asked by frat_twin_mama at 4:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know how you feel, I don't have twins but my youngest 2 are 23 months apart and when they start OMG, they drive me up the wall. I think it is having someone so close in age that causes alot of it. We call them double trouble LOL.. Most of it is normal kid stuff but some days they are hell bent on fighting because of one did this or that. Don't feel like a bad parent.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• ITS THE WORST. i mean i try my very hard hardest and they still drive me nuts, i mean whacko! dont feel bad i eventually got used to the fact that no matter what its just a phase, maybe a long phase but a phase. get some alone time once in a while it helps more than u think.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I do know exactly how you feel....and my youngest kids are 16 and 17. They have been battling with each other since they were small. The battles are different now and all verbal, but geez, sometimes I think what did I do wrong here? I try not to take it personally...especially at my kids' age, it is their behavior and I have not encouraged it in any way. They are punished for it as well. Interestingly enough, I find that when one of them is punished, they instantly become fast friends. Sometimes there is just no winning I guess. Hang on Mamma and get some Mom time.
    Anonymous

• No, because I know that sometimes, I can not control what my child does and that kids act up. I discipline and move on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2009