personal Blog as income

Is anyone making money by blogging? Do you know anyone who makes income that way? Any suggestions on how to learn how to make money blogging?
Do you have an inspirational blog I should read?

DogsMom

Asked by DogsMom at 4:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are a few ways to make money from blogging. The most important part of any business venture is to have a plan and work your plan. Blogging for profit takes a time committment.
    1. As mentioned above, run goole adsense (you must quality, and it takes alot of hits to make money)
    2. Include product specific affilitate ads (best when you choose companies and products that fit each specific blog topic)
    3. Join several social networks to advertise your blog and repost partial blogs to garner interest and traffic
    4. Provide timely content. Blogs that only post occasionally lose visitors. Blogs that post daily grow in traffic.
    5. Run contests, surveys, polls on your blog. This invites everyone to participate, and many like to give their opinion. Look at htis blog as example.
    6. Charge other people to post their content on your blog
    7. Interview people you respect and post those interviews.
    more..
    (no more space)
    DolphinChrissy

Answer by DolphinChrissy at 12:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think the way that those who do make some money with that do it by using Goodle Adsense and doing a lot of entertaining writing to get a large following and hopefully clicks to make money.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• oh i wanna know too i love blogging....
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I had looked into blogging too, I never found anything/anyone that could point me in the right direction. I work from home and I can help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 8 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The deal with making income from blogging and adsense is the number of people reading it and clicking on the ads. You have to get people to click on the ads that are usually geared toward the content of your blog. For example: travel. I write stories of my travels. www.sallysumo.blogspot.com and webcrawler places ads and if people click on the ads, I might make some cash. As of yet, I haven't made a dime! I don't have enough people reading/clicking. Unless you're super social, it's tough. Also, you cannot click on it yourself or ask people to click on it. Lastly, there is no tech support at all, you are basically on your own negotiating the adsense waters.
    Anonymous

• You need to learn SEO (search engine optimization) to draw lots of traffic to your blog.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I continue to research the possibilities and when I learn the way I will share with others.
    Sally - you have a nice blog and a talent with words. Promote it more and I think you will see results.
    SEO - thank you. I will check into that.
    I am also open to other opportunities, but I enjoy writing. Would like to strengthen my skills and follow this dream for a bit.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 11:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• http://www.helium.com

I see this advertized. It is for people to write articles. They have tons of topic areas to write. Looks interesting if you have the niche for writing AND you CAN make money there. Maybe not alot but enough for some cash and if the market place likes your article then they pay you for it. Good luck!

Anonymous

• You all gave such wonderful answers it is hard to decide a Best. Thank you all.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 8:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2009