My 5yr old son has a 8yr old friend (and its a girl) HELP

My 5 yr old son has a friend... they play almost every afternoon after school, they play very nice, doing arts and craft and even practice and help with homework.

today they decided to play DR.. i went to my son's room and found them both on the bed, she was laying down and he was with some plastic gloves.
Nothing to worry about, but i did let them know that its the last time they will be playing 'mom & dad", or "Dr'.
if they cant play nice - like before... she couldn't come over anymore.

i know this is natural, but I'm afraid being the mom of the boy, that we could get in trouble...

should i mention something to the girls mom? (they do play in her house too) and how should i tell her?

Thanks a million

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just tell her like "oh yeah, today when the kids were playing, I caught them playing Dr... Just wanted you to know so you can keep an eye on them too when they are at your home playing.."

Don't make a big deal out of it because kids will do that, with friends or with family..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• And as for your son getting in trouble for this, I really don't see that happening because he is younger than her. Now if he was 13 and she was 5 that might be a bit different. If this mom knows kids, she should know this is what they will do given the chance LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would tell the mom... kids do this sometimes. If this incident happened at her house, wouldn't you want her to tell you? I would talk to your son about privacy/private parts and ask that she do the same to her dd. From here on in, I would supervise them when they're playing- if not actually in the same room, at least where you can hear the discussion.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009