to those families who live in apartments: how often do you do your laundry?

what do you do with the stains?

Lavander

Asked by Lavander at 5:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When I lived in an apartment, I did laundry as needed. I had a full size washer and dryer in my apartment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm sorry, but what does living in an apartment have to do with anything? =x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I usually do a load per day, so that I never had a full day's worth of work. It's especially helpful in case some other neighbor ties up the laundry all day, I'm not desperate to get in there.
    Anonymous

• We have 20 machines in the laundry room of the apartment so I would do the laundry once a week and be done in 2 hours. Some of the stains on my kids shirts won't come off. What do you do with those stains?
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 8:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Once a week. I spray spray-n-wash on anything with stains or I hand wash things that are really bad and can't wait to be washed.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have to use a laundro-mat as there are no washer/dryer hook-ups in my apartment. Perhaps she meant those who live in an apartment and have to use a laundro-mat? we do wash about once a week unless there are throw-up items and then we do those right away (well, that day at least). We spray Shout on the stains and it seems to help even if it's a stain from the day after we did laundry. We also use bleach for colors (not on the baby's clothes!) and arm and hammer detergent with baking soda
    RebekahsMommy06

Answer by RebekahsMommy06 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i live in a town house which is kind of like an apartment but we have a washer and dryer
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 6:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Thanks! I'll get a spray and wash or Shout for the stains and hand wash clothes that had been stained with tomato sauce or those that stays on once it dried up. Thanks again!!!
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 12:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2009