I know u are sick of these but...

I really believe that people on food stamps should have to pass a drug test. I assume most people who recieve them arent on drugs but many are. THis country has fallen on hard economic times and i know people are recieving due to a lost job. That is ok, that is what it is for..I'm talking about the ones who have generations on Welfare. We need to do something about that. Plus i think people getting assistance should be held accountable. Im not against welfare, I'm agianst abuse of the system. That being said how many think drug testing would be a good idea? If they spent their money on drugs why should we spend ours to feed them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you are all that concerned contact your senator about it.
    It won't matter how many people you get to agree with you here on CM. It won't make any difference in the laws, it will only start drama (but you probably already know that). The only way to make a difference is contact your local representative about it.

BTW I agree no drug abuser should qualify for welfare.
    Anonymous

• I love the concept, but it's a logistic nightmare. On one hand they should be able to pass a drug test because they are already supposed to be looking for work (correct me if I am wrong - is that only unemployment?), but on the other hand, what about the children that they are supposed to be supporting? I guess you could take them away, but where would you put them? It's a losing battle.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Go for it, though you realize between the kids flooding the foster care system and the cost of the testing, it would be very expensive.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I agree it wont do any good on here but im sick of the questions just bashing people on PA. The system needs and overhaul.

I also think people who get on welfare and have say 1 or 2 children should always be at that rate. Just cause you have 2 more kids doesnt mean you should get a raise. I wouldnt get a raise at my job cause I want one more child.
    Anonymous

• This might answer your question.
    http://www.cafemom.com/answers/search.php?keyword=food+stamps%2C+drug+test&submit=Search
    Anonymous

• you don't abuse the system? are you kidding? every one abuse it and while i don't think a drug test should be done ( that's like not giving food stamps to someone who smokes cigarettes! )* no i don't do drugs or smoke* it would take even more money to test them.. however maybe what D.H.S should do is limit the things you can buy! i see ppl buying junk food, loads of it!
    Anonymous

• You know what you do with the kids? Give them to people who cannot have kids. Win/Win.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• If they did this my baby sister would starve

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You go girl. Figure out how to force people to be up-standing, honest, and responsible human beings, and you will be on your way to solving the abuse of these entitlement programs. I feel certain if we could get the abusers to focus their enormous amount of creativity to the pursuit of something good, they would rule the world. If they would work with the system instead of working the system...........they wouldn't be in the system. It has to start in kindergarten when they go to school and parents make education a valuable part of life.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• "every one abuse it"

Uh, no. I don't. If you think I do, you're welcome to come over to my house and try to find proof.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009