HOW OLD IS YOUR TODDLER AND DID U GET THEM THE H1N1 VACCINE?

IF U DID HOW DID THEY DO WITH IT? I WANT TO GET MY 20MONTH OLD ONE AND JUST WANT TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANY SIDE AFFECTS THANKS!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My twins are 15 months old. They got the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1. They have had no side effects. The choice to vaccinate or not is a decision I did not take lightly. I weighed out my options and I felt it was best to get them both. They got it at the pediatricians office and the shot was in the left thigh. They don't go to daycare but I have nanny coming into our home. I also work at a bank. So I am dealing with a lot of people. Good luck with whatever you decide.

kathywalsh

Answer by kathywalsh at 8:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I wasn't going to get it but I'm taking my children next Wed. They are 8, 4 and 2.
    Anonymous

• yes i did...they are 2 and 5 ..and i got one as well...my son has severe asthma...even a little cold is very hard for him to deal with....so with him being high risk already i got him his shot asap....
    Anonymous

• I got my son the H1N1 vaccine at his one year check up two days after his first b-day on the 9th of November, along with the reg flu shot and all the others. That night he started acting sick like he had the heaviest head ever, all he wanted to do was lay on me. He barely slept that night. The next day he cried off and on, played a very little, only to come back and lay on me. He slept off and on all that day for 5 to 10minutes at a time. He had a temperature of a hundred off and on for three days. A stuffy runny nose. Barely slept for that time. Finally the temperature was gone but the cough, stuffy, runny nose, congestion continued up until a couple days a go. He's still fight the cough and getting rid of the congestion. I'm really not sure if he just happened to get a cold at the same time as the shots or if the shots created it. But I do know for sure, he had the lack of sleep and temperature from the shots.

CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Our little ones are 3 & 4 and we will not be getting them the vaccine. It's too new, no studies & too many have had bad side affects with it. We don't trust anything the government is saying about this supposed pandemic... I think it's all a bunch of BS. The few studies that have been done on the swine flu has proved to be saying that it' s not as bad as they are saying and it's too early to be throwing out a vaccine that was just thrown together in such a short time.

Anonymous

• my son is 12mos, and is NOT getting the H1N1.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Our little ones are 3 & 4 and we will not be getting them the vaccine. It's too new, no studies & too many have had bad side affects with it.

Flu shots are always new because the strains mutate. Every year is a new shot. I'm not vaccinating my 18mos old, I'm a SAHM, and she's not in day care. If she were expose to more kids I'd consider it.
    Anonymous

• I have a 20mos old, 5 and 6 yr old and yeah I am sure we will skip the H1N1...its just so new so I have concerns! We did do the regurlar flu shot though as we always do.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We are not getting it. None of us (my husband, daughter, and I) have never had the regular flu shot. We are making sure to wash our hands, not touch our faces, and all the other steps. I am also paying more attention to our diet so our immune systems is in tip top shape.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• All of mine received both shots. No side effects.

Your immune system is your immune system. What you eat isn't going to boost it. And you can still catch the flu even with washing hands, not touching faces...and all the other steps. Those things simply lessen the chance you could get it...but unless you're living in a bubble...you're constantly at risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2009