Do you ever worry about your family during the holidays?

My family was always together on the holidays. Even as adult children, we lived in the same town till about three years ago, when my two brothers moved away to different places. One has always come back for the holidays, bringing his then girlfriend (and now wife) with him, but my oldest brother, who moves often b/c of his job, and does not have a girlfriend or even any close friends, misses the holidays a lot. And its usually because of work, or travel problems. So he is often alone at Thanksgiving. I always find myself worrying over this - it hurts to think of him sitting alone in his apartment, no one to talk to, during holidays. It sort of ends up ruining the happy occasions for me. I just feel so BAD for him. I try to call and "include" him by sending pictures and whatnot, but I still find myself worrying about him. Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I do the same thing, last year for the first time my Dad and stepmother went to her families for thanksgiving so her kids went with them, and my sister lived 4 hours away and has a DH and 3 boys so they made dinner and had a few friends over, but my brother who lives alone I invited to my house to eat with DS, DH and I. It was no big deal to him "just another day" but I couldn't stand the thought of him all alone on thanksgiving. He ended up not coming and when I called he didn't answer the phone so I went from annoyed to pi$$ed to really worried and went to his apartment and rang the bell until he answered! Oh and I brought him a plate even though I was soooooooo annoyed with him!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• yes, although it was usually myself I was worrying about! I moved to Boston for graduate school and my first Thanksgiving away was miserable. I ended up eating canned ravioli from a convenience store. I was so depressed. I'm the only sibling who lives away, but now I have in-laws so I get a real Thanksgiving meal.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Nope.
    They don't give a crap about me, so I don't waste my time thinking about them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2009