What do you and hubby fight about? -- Vent.

I'm so frustrated. My hubby and I have been fighting about repairs around the house and now we know we have to pay a plumber $500. It's a long story, but I wish he cared more about fixing stuff around the house than he does about work. He's a workaholic! We both work full-time and have an 8.5 mos old baby. I get tired and stressed too but I actually care that our bathtub has been leaking gallons a day! Married life is so frustrating sometimes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• my SO and i dont fight. when we have a disagreement we do not speak to each other till we are calm then we talk about it. We never yell or say mean things. I love my SO he is a great man. life is waaayyyy to short for fights....
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you both have different expectations of whose responsibility repairs are. If he is not interested in making minor repairs, can you just agree to call a professional in the beginning and save you both some aggravation?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Eh, just call a professional when something needs to be fixed. I agree with figaro, just agree to call them when the problem starts. No worries.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Money and the kids. That's about all.
    Anonymous

• We usually fight about house chores but since I went on strike and stopped cooking dinner; he seems to be doing much better:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• his 40 year old sister taging along at every vacation for her master's course
    money
    always jumping for every request made of him
    gambling with undesirables
    Anonymous

• how he loses money all the time or that he doesn't listen to me like i told him too. also he can't fix a single thing in our house and it drives me nuts. there is a long list but i have tried to see him differently and tell myself how great he is with the kids and that he really does try to be the good church man i want.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Everything...
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2009