How do you stay in shape over the holiday season?

Not being outdoors as much and all the yummy, sugary, carby, food make it hard for me I think.... Got any tips?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 5:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Not really. I'm pretty unsucessful at regulating my holiday eating, but I do know that a common tip is not to go to an event filled with yummy fattening foods utterly starving-- it makes you overeat! I try to make up for calories if I know I'll be eating a lot. For example, tomorrow at Thanksgiving, I'll try to eat a very light breakfast and little lunch to make up for all the calories I"ll be having at dinner. Good luck!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Moderation is the key here....I know its tough lol,however I run 3-5 times a week and eat throughout the day,with that said,I will make sure I am not hungry when I go,so that way I eat normally and not overdo it.However I will make room for a piece of pumpkin pie..my guilty pleasure for the week!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The same way I stay in shape outside of the holiday season...by eating moderately and exercising regularly.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I agree, keep exercising regularly. Regular exercise will keep you in shape and it will help you keep your eating under control. Treat yourself to some of the holiday treats, but don't make it a binge. On the days that there are no events, parties or celebratory meals to go to, make sure you eat properly to make up for those days where you may have indulged. You don't want to indulge for the entire holiday season.

Also, I don't know if you are trying to lose weight, but I think the month of December should be considered a maitenance month. The main goal is to maintain your weight and not gain.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• what I did was make my own apps to bring along for everyone ( but mainly for myself to eat healthy) so that I could eat along with everyone else but it was also very healthy......i brought 3 heathly apps and everyone LOVED them and couldnt belive they were fat free! Then when it comes to eating the turkey day meal, i stuck to veggies and the turkey, cant go wrong with that!
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 8:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2009