If you were going into a job interveiw, what would be most valuable for them to know about you?

besides how much you want to be paid. Quality traits!

shespeaksloud

Asked by shespeaksloud at 5:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• * oh yeah and this is your dream job ;P
    shespeaksloud

Answer by shespeaksloud at 5:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That you know about the company/job you are being interviewed for. Many people go into interviews not knowing anything about the place they have applied to work or what the job consists of. Do your homework and have something intelligent to say about the employer. They can always tell when you don't know anything about them and ask questions! This shows that you are truly interested and want to know everything about the company/job. Also, dress professionally. I have sat in interveiws and it is scandalous what people think they should wear to an interview. My boss's judged women with wrinkled clothes, women who chewed gum etc. very harshly.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't even mention how much you want to make until the end of the interview. They want to know why YOU would be a benefit to their company. They need to know why they should hire you and not the 100's of other people that applied for the same position. They want to know what makes you special. You need to sell yourself. There could be many others with the same educaiton, qualifications, those with more but they want to know why you are the best for the position and company.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i'd say - don't lack flexibility and openness. human being approach, not the v. proffesional one only. tell you are ... (all the positives you want to name), but say "that's probably what all the people hear have, , i bet not so many named ... . btw: i went to few interviews, agreed w/ all the detailes mentioned above by responders, but did not get the job offer. i could have lacked my last approach. next developmental step to me? maybe......
    do not ever give up!
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• ... (cont)... for me, those named would be : fair treatment of others and finding unorthodox solutions and my universal approach to things. what do you think?
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009