What is your favorite holiday tradition?

I am trying to be a little more into traditions this year. We have a couple, but I am wanting to come up with more to do with my kids. Most of mine are more geared to adults (making things that kids can't have or that are too messy to do with small children). I was thinking about doing some sort of ornament with them every year and then when they move out they can take some of them with them.

So, what are some of your favorites?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 5:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Holidays

• Cutting down a Christmas tree, making handmade ornaments with the kids (i have a great recipe for applesauce cookie dough ornaments that last for years and smell SOOOO good!), and going to the candlelight service at church.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We don't celebrate Christmas, but our tradition is the Yule log, and decorating the trees outside our home. Every year, we light the new log with the piece we saved from the previous year, in hopes of bringing our fortunes to the coming year, and burning away all negativity. We decorate the trees outside with flowers and animal safe hand made decorations.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That sounds really nice. Do you get wild animals in your yard that eat your decorations?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• going to the mountains and cutting down a christmas tree!
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 8:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We watch A Charlie Brown Christmas while decorating the christmas tree every year!
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2009