mom and son activities

I am a single mom and I have a 16 year old son. We are new to NYC we just moved, and my son is having some difficulties adjusting and making friends. I want to plan some fun things that we can do togerher to take his mind of everything and get him out of the house for a while. I know at this age kids are embarrassed easily and dont want there mom around lol I get that. So what are some fun ideas I can plan for the two of us. I work alot of hours so most of these ideas have to be done on weekends.

dandeecandi

Asked by dandeecandi at 6:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• New York has a lot to offer. Museums, zoos, art galleries, Broadway plays. Just go explore the city. Try some of the resturants. Go for the small mom and pop type resturants. Go to the Empire State Building.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I second the Empire State Building. Chelsea Pier sports complex. football, basketball or hockey at Madison Square Garden. Ice skating at Rockefeller Center. Ask him what he'd like to do! Come to CT by train and visit me!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm not sure what your sons intrests are but maybe bowling,out for pizza, or just go rent some movies and get a bunch of junk food and relax a little. but I agree maybe you should ask him what he thinks would be fun to do. my son is only 3 months old so thank God I don't have this problem yet lol. Good luck!
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If you are new to NYC then going out and exploring the city would be great idea, throw out some possiblities of where you guys could go and see what he wants to do
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 5:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Take him to the show, or to an arcade. Maybe shopping for electronics or something. Out to eat is always a winner.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2009