Are you breast fed or formula fed?

I am just wondering with all the debates going on in here! I was breast fed until two years old yet I am the unhealthiest one in the family. My husband is one of the smartest guys I know (graduated in the top 10% of his major in college) and he is formula fed. So I am wondering if anyone else in here have any similar stories or examples that show that everything is not always by the book.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was breastfed until around 15 months. My sister was formula fed. My sister has less allergies and health problems than I do, but she has issues with mental illness (depression, suicidal, bi-polar) lots of issues. She also didn't do as well in school as I did.
    Anonymous

• My mom did both with me. She said she finally switched to formula because I would wake up so much at night. Oh well. I have a ton of allergies and asthma. Then again, she also smoked and always put the dog before my health.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Me, my brother, and sister were all breast fed. We're all just normal. Depression is genetic, and if you ask me has nothing to do with BF. My mom has it, I have it, and I'm sure my sister does. Uhm, doing well in school came easily to my brother and I, my sister on the other hand, not so much. I'm sorry, but everything depends on the person and genetics, not what they consume =x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't know. I never asked. I really don't like to think too much about my mom's boobs. (shiver)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My brothers and I were formula fed. I actually had to laugh out loud when my mother quizzed (read interrogated) me about my decision to breast feed my child. She honestly said "Why can't you just give that baby a bottle like normal people do?" I couldn't believe my ears....lol. I had to tell her Mom, that is what they are made for and women have fed their babies with their breasts since the beginning of time.
    Anonymous

• I was breast fed until around 6 months and then my mom's supply went down due to stress from moving to Japan (we were military). I've always been really healthy and have no allergies except for certain detergents give me a rash. I also always did well in school. My husband was breast fed for a year and he also has always been healthy and did very well in school. He does have allergies, though. Some foods and cats.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I was formula fed---in 1941. I am extremely healthy. I could read when I was 4 and skipped first grade, went right into second grade because I was so far ahead of my class mates. I had three children of my own and they were mostly formula fed except for my third baby who was breast fed for about 2 months. They are healthy,happy,intelligent and never ever got in trouble. I think its really nice if you can breast feed but in the long run, being well loved , raised with truth and respect,and educated is a whole lot more important.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i was formula fed bc my dad thought breastfeeding was gross. i get sick at least twice each fall/winter. i have had terrible ear infections since i was a baby. i have allergies, pollen/dust/cats/amoxicillin. didn't do well in school. that's one reason i decided to breastfeed and i'm very content with my choice :)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• both!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I was breastfed, so were both my sisters, and so was DH and his brother. I NEVER get sick, neither does DH, neither of us has had the flu since we were under 6 years old. We're both smart, my IQ is about 138-140 and DH is right around there too.
    Anonymous