Postpartum question

I had my DD 7 weeks ago on saturday and I bled for 4 weeks. The past week I started getting menstrual cramps like I have my period but I never got it. Last night I started getting bloated beyond belief and me and my so had sex. I woke up in the middle of the night with terrrrrrible cramps and go to the bathroom and there is brown mucus when i wipe. All day I've had this brown mucus with some red blood too and bad cramps but only when I wipe.
Is this my "period"?? I EBF so I was under the assumption my period wouldn't return for a while. I'm wondering if I could be pregnant again tho. I did start having sex at 4 weeks PP. He puts it in without a condom for a few minutes, then puts the condom on and finishes.
I'm not asking IF I'm pregnant. I'm asking, does this sound like a period or a possible pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I EBF for 13 months and my period came back 7 weeks after my daughter was born. With my son, I exclusively pumped and my period came back at 6 weeks. So it is very likely that its your period, sorry:(
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Might be your period.
    I also EBF my children, too, and got my period back immediately following the PP bleeding (a couple of weeks "off").

If you're hoping to prevent a pregnancy then you might step-up the prevention. The condom at the end is not necessarily sufficient.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I also EBF (10 months) and had my first period at 6 weeks in the dot.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I EBF'd for 13 mos and got my period back almost immediately after my postpartum bleeding was done. It sucked! So that's probably what it is. I also recommend some other form of birth control. EBFing can make you less fertile, but as soon as that period comes back, you are just as likely to get pregnant. I should know! I was EBFing and am now 32 weeks pregnant! :-D
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009