Is canned pumpkin in short supply by you?

Its on the news here, WI. Canned pumpkin is in short supply! Some near stores are out!! Or you can only buy 1 large can or 2 small cans! Is that your case too? I try to buy things I need early. We had a great pumpkin patch. All thanks to DH working hard carrying water in our draught year! But no one wanted any pumpkins! So we gave them away for animal feed!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I don't know where the shortage is but we have plenty of pumpkin. I bought two cans last week and there were tons of cans.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i did notice that when i went to the store everytime for the last month they only had the huge cans, not the little ones. it was rather annoying. But i canned my own pumpkni, so no issues anymore :)
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 7:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• no but NOONE has any instant vanilla pudding i tried 3 stores and i just hope my dh can find some
    militarywife20

Answer by militarywife20 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• There has been a canned pumpkin shortage in some areas. But by now it should have been resolved and back in full demand - my only guess is that it hasn't made it back to your area in full force. Check out 5dollardinners.com, she's got stories about it, both the original shortage and the resolution.
    Anonymous

• The stores near me ran out of both canned and fresh. I grabbed one of the last two fresh pumpkins the other day, I couldn't believe it. I'm in Orlando, and can't say if this is the whole area, but right by me we're having shortages, I guess.
    Elsasmom

Answer by Elsasmom at 8:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I am in Wisconsin too and Nestle Company, who makes Libby Pumpkin, announced a few days ago that they have a short supply of Libby Pumpkin because of a poor crop of pumpkins.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• No. I laughed when I saw that. We have tons!
    Anonymous

• I saw it on the news here too (AZ) they said that the pumkin crops got flooded and destroyed a lot of the pumkins. They said that once the store is out they will most likely be out until October next year because of it. I'm not sure if i believe it yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• There was a sign in our Target that said it was in short supply and they may run out, but I got all I needed and there was plenty left. I did buy a few extras so I'd have some for Christmas too just in case it really did run out.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 4:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2009