i need a midwifes opp

hi there im 23yrs old mom of 3 and i am 11weeks prego, so heres my question, my first baby was vaginal birth, and my last two were c-sections, what would you say if i tried for a vbac now, would it be possible? your input is very appriciated. thanks a bunch

mzmamiof3

Asked by mzmamiof3 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• (You can ask the midwives in the Ask A Midwife Group, if you'd like as well.)

Depending on why you had the cesareans, how you were sectioned, and your health status since & currently, you should be able to.
    MOST women do "qualify" for a vaginal delivery after a surgical one. Although they might not know it, have the help, or the provider to do it.

Do you have a doctor or midwife with VBAC experience?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I highly recommend you contact jlry_lady! When she gave birth to her 9 month old son, she went all natural and gives GREAT advice on birth, breastfeeding, and things that the doctors don't always tell us. Good luck!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• my 2nd baby which was my first c-section was because he was coming sunny side up and i had a 2nd c-section cuz they told me i didnt give my body enough time to heal before i got preggo again. my two youngest are 22 months apart .
    mzmamiof3

Answer by mzmamiof3 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Provided you are healthy now and all is well, you should do very well! :-)
    Even if you have another posterior baby, you can birth vaginally. Posterior ("sunnyside-up") is a variation of normal.

You might want to interview care providers while you plan, get information, and support. Having a provider that respects the normal course of birth is important!

Would you like some help and info?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Not a midwife, but I'm pregnant with my 5th and I asked my dr about a VBAC. My first 3 were all vaginal births, but I had to have a Csection with the last. They said that they would let me do a VBAC after ONE Csection, but not two. Your dr may feel differently, but you definitely need to have medical advice on this one.

Answer by missanc at 9:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• it has been done. but you will have to find a midwife in your area and speak with them. Some states may not allow a midwife too perform a vbac, and some midwifes simply will not do vbacs due to liability issues. It is possible, I have met many woman who have done it.. but you have to find a really good experianced midwife who is going to know when to call it quits if things look iffy.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I know she is not the norm, but I love that show "18 Kids and Counting" and Michelle Duggar has had 3 c-sections and like 13 VBACS!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• thanks alot i really appriciate evryones input, wish me good luck imma try my best to make it possible for a vbac, no i know i am going to do it ,thanks a bunch again
    mzmamiof3

Answer by mzmamiof3 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2009