have you heard that the H1n1 vaccine has been recalled?

My dh heard they recalled this vaccine in Canada. Don't know what bearing that will have on the states. Have you heard anything about this.

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 7:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Health

• How are they going to recall it? Filter out blood? LOL

Answer by louise2 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I also heard that. It is different than the US one, but I didn't get it here either! It was causing a pretty severe reaction my husband said!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Ohhhh my. Either way, I'm more and more glad every day that we don't get flu shots period.
    Anonymous

• It was one batch of it in Canada I read
    Anonymous

• well I have had my vaccine for over 2 months now and I still haven't had any reactions. =) I didn't hear anything about this though, very interesting. How can the honestly recall it though?? I mean if it's in you how in the heck do they resolve that one?!
    Anonymous

• GlaxoSmithKline Recalls H1N1 Vaccine in Canada Over 'Life-Threatening' Allergy Risk

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

* Print
    *

LONDON — The pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline says it has advised medical staff in Canada to not use one batch of swine flu vaccine for fear it may trigger life-threatening allergies.

GlaxoSmithKline spokeswoman Gwenan White said Tuesday the company issued the advice after reports that one batch of the swine flu vaccine might have caused more allergic reactions than normal.

She says the affected batch contains 172,000 doses of the vaccine. She declined to say how many doses had been administered before the advice to stop using them was given.

White says GlaxoSmithKline wrote to Canadian healthcare professionals advising them to stop using the batch on Nov. 18. She says a total of 7.5 million doses of the vaccine have been distributed in Canada.
    Anonymous

• Only one batch, in Canada, where the vaccine is different from the American one. Stay calm, don't worry !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Have not heard anything about a recall and know no one who has had an reaction to the H1N1 vaccine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I doubt it's different, we use the same company for vaxes in the US. I think they are one of several companies producing h1n1 vaxes for the US right now.
    Anonymous

• Hm, my sister lives in Ontario, Canada and she got the vax.. She said her arm hurt like hell, and she slept for hours and could barely function...
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009