How do I treat 3 1/2 mnth old with excema?

went to Dr. n he gave me a thick moisturizer n all it did was get rid of some, now my babys belly n sides are covered in red bumps n patches of dry skin. Please help, I've been trying everything. Dr. also said he'll grow out of it... =(

dracosmommy

Asked by dracosmommy at 8:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to the pharmacist

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• AWWW, my kids have it too, They say they may or may not outgrow it. Their doctor perscribes that thick cream too. It takes time, but it does work. The trick is to make sure it does get dry, and make sure you rub that stuff in really good. Hope that helps . :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• my youngest had eczema very badly. I found Aquaphore worked wonderfully...its a little expensive, but really it works well. He finally outgrew it but i still use it with dry skin. i also used aaveeno wash and aaveeno lotion on him. It didnt irritate his skin. Hope these suggestions work for you.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My son had eczema all over his face and shoulders. The doctor told me to switch to Enfamil Soy and it cleared right up! Now his face is as soft as his booty! :)

The Aveeno baby lotion for eczema also works well to moisturize.
    Sparkle97

Answer by Sparkle97 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Take him off of milk formula and switch to soy or hypoallergenic. If you're breastfeeding, stop all dairy products. This might clear up the eczema. It's an easy fix.

If that doesn't work, use Aquaphor. Put it on right after the baby's bath so the skin doesn't lose any moisture. It should do the trick!

My 2 year old had bad eczema. It's now under control now that he doesn't have dairy and we use the Aquaphor every day right after bath to keep his skin moist.
    ClaireW

Answer by ClaireW at 11:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Stop eating dairy if you are breastfeeding. Keep baths short, infrequent and tepid, put coconut oil on the afflicted areas.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2009