Does it feel different inside if you're dilated? (TMI)

Last year when DH came home on leave I was around 8 months pregnant and he had problems keeping it up during sex. Granted we hadn't had sex since 8 months prior to that lol before he left, so I'm sure everything was different. I found out at a doctor's appt that I was 2 cm dilated, and he later admitted (after I had the baby) that it felt 'looser' inside and that's what the problem was. He has no problems now. Actually, I'm 8 months pregnant again, and we have sex with no problems, I'm also not dilated at all. Before anyone says something stupid NO i did not sleep around while he was gone last year. Just curious if dilating makes your vagina "looser" ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dilation can't. However the added pressure of baby can cause havoc on your pelvic floor muscles causing you to seem "looser".... which usually will "tighten" back up post baby once the added pressure is removed.
    Anonymous

• I think it makes sense...though I'm not medically qualified to answer the question. It seems like at 8 months and dilated, your body would be preparing to go into labor, so the vagina maybe becomes more "pliable" so that the baby can pass easier? I wish I could remember my own pregnancy...if the same thing happened to me....mmmm...maybe I'll ask my husband.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009