CARNIVAL CRUISE TIPS

IM GOIN ON A CRUISE FOR THE FISRT TIME ANY TIPS ON ANYTHING ?? THANKS SO MUCH

mommyto2txboys

Asked by mommyto2txboys at 8:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Travel

• bring nice clothes to wear for the dinners...i would'nt have known unless someone told me...some people dress casual dressy and some people go all out in tuxedo and gowns but its fun getting dressed for the dinners...the dinners are sooo good
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sodas are super expensive on the ship--we drank a lot of iced tea. They take pictures of you every time you turn around and it 's so tempting not to buy them, but they are expensive also. Eat the chocolate lava cake...it's so good. Don't miss the captain's dinner....free cocktails!!!! Take some non-drowsy formula Dramamine...the meclizine they have on the ship for sea sickness works but it makes you VERY sleepy. If you can get your Dr. to prescribe Scolamine patches...they work even better without the drowsiness. (I didn't think I would get seasick but I did on one of the Sea Days.) Don't overpack--I did and I wish I hadn't taken so much...but as the previous poster suggested DO take atleast one dressy outfit. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• sorry I misspelled Scopolamine**
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The first two posters hit on good points. One of the things that saved us a lot of money was a soda card we bought on the ship. You pay once and never pay for a soda the rest of the trip. We didn't buy two..just one. We already knew what shore excursions we wanted to go on. Shore excursions add up FAST. We bought a lot of the pictures, especially on Formal night. They were the best of us since our wedding. I think because we were so relaxed. Whatever you do make a list of your toiletries and double check. Stuff like that on board is outrageous. Like 6 bucks for a can of shave cream. We went on a 5 day cruise. I brought three swimsuits and still wished I'd had one more.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• the piano bar in fun =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• is fun
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I've been on 10 cruises... what would you like to know??
    We don't go to the formal dinners anymore... we're over them after so many cruises.
    We book our excursions before the cruise online. On our last cruise, we booked an excursion for a 5 hr beach trip and it was $50 before the cruise per person... once we got on the ship it was $75 per person. It's much cheaper to book before the cruise.
    The card for drinks is fabulous!
    Be sure that you keep receipts on the ship for drinks etc...so that you can check your bill at the end of the week. We ended up getting someone else's bill on a cruise that had $2K in bar bills... yeah, ours was about $50! It's easier to check if you have the receipts.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Pack 20 oz sodas in your bag. I thought we'd get in trouble for it but didn't. I only packed 6, wish I'd brought more! There were also people with coolers full of drinks. They let you bring on the cooler, but you had to dump the ice. Also, if you want to bring on alcohol, empty out a listerine bottle and put it in that. Otherwise they will take it away.
    BethPrice1345

Answer by BethPrice1345 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• great answers here!! We are booked for Easter on a 8 night!!! We get 2 adjoining rooms inside so we can have 2 bathrooms. This time we have some special cabins booked yhat are inside price and have doors. Not much of a view but better than nothing and really cheap. watch for price drops! we arepaying about 550$PP now.
    The website www.cruisecritic.com can answer many questions and you can enroll (free) to be on a roll call in forums to even "talk" to people that will be on YOUR cruise!!. My husband is as addicted to that site like I am to this one. lOl
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2009