Why is it that I eat and eat and eat but I never feel full?

I am getting really worried, ever since I had my child 11 weeks ago I can honestly never get filled up on any kind of food. I don't know what to do anymore. I am getting really depressed about this. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Health

• You are not eating filling foods. Try carbs, high fiber foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Wish that were the case! We have been having a lot of pasta's and pasties, subs, so on and so forth.! I think I am just going to go to the doctors. I have been trying the whole carb thing for a few weeks and nothing seems to be working. Just feel like im about 20 pounds heavier!
    Anonymous

• I had my dd 6 weeks ago and i feel the same way..i can eat a whole meal and want another right after..do you breastfeed? I do and i think because im burning so many extra calories my body is demanding more..if thats not why, i have nooo idea..if you find out let me know lol but you arent alone with this one
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• tapeworm?
    Anonymous

• Polyphagia is where you want to eat and eat and eat. It's common in diabetics that don't have control of their blood sugars. Did you have gesttional diabetes at all or does it run in your family? Just one possible cause as to what is going on. In diabetics they tend to loose weight instead of gain it, because their body can't use the sugar from food since their panceas isn't making enough insulin to use or it's not making any at all. I am diabetic, that's why I say that. Either that or maybe you have a problem with your hypothamus. (controls when you want to eat and such)
    Best Wishes!
    ALLO2009

Answer by ALLO2009 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? Are you losing weight?

Excessive carbs is not the way to go if you're constantly hungry. If you load your system with carbs there will be a quick rise in blood sugar levels followed by a quick fall in blood sugar levels. The crash after the high makes you feel like you need to eat. Eating a combination of carbs, protein and fat at each meal keeps your blood sugar levels more stable because fat and protein are processed more slowly.

Also, high fibre carbs are better at keeping you fuller for longer. White pasta and bread are one of the worst things you can eat in terms of keeping blood sugar levels stable. Try whole wheat, multi grain and whole grain breads and pasta.

Try something like a bowl of oatmeal (high fibre carb) cooked in milk (protein) rather than water. Add some dried fruit (more carbs) and a few almonds (fat).
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Drink lots of water. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Eat lots of whole grains and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• No, I am not breastfeeding, and yes I am gaining weight. I have been eating a lot of whole grain foods. I don't know.. but thank you all for your answers! I am going to go to my doctors because I have also been having problems with retaining water still ever since I had my baby. Thank you all again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Sounds like something is up then. I think you're right to see your doctor to rule out a medical issue.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 11:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• 2 reasons:

One you aren't getting enough of what you what.
    Two you are eating for emotional reasons.

Before each meal eat 4-5 pieces of fruit - then eat your main meal. This should really help you feel more satisfied.

Try articles at www.eating-naturally.com also.

I breastfeed and I eat a LOT but if I don't get in enough fruits and veg I never feel satisified. I also used to have emotional eating issues too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2009