uuummmmmm..........no lobbyists......right?? OR not ~ Obama's Top Aides Met Often With Health Care Lobbyists

President Obama's top aides met frequently with lobbyists and health care industry heavyweights as his administration pieced together a national health care overhaul, according to White House visitor records obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.

The records disclose visits by a broad cross-section of the people most involved in the health care debate, weighted heavily toward those who want to overhaul the system.

The list includes George Halvorson, chairman and CEO of Kaiser Health Plans; Scott Serota, president and CEO of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association; Kenneth Kies, a Washington lobbyist who represents Blue Cross/Blue Shield, among other clients; Billy Tauzin, head of PhRMA, the drug industry lobby; Richard Umbdenstock, chief of the American Hospital Association, and numerous lobbyists.
Is this ok? SEems like MORE of the same. Dont I remember a spacific refrence to NO lobbyists in the Obama WH?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Are you really surprised? Hope doesn't really mean hope and change doesn't really mean change.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'd hate to see what the Bush/Cheny visitor log was...Shudder to think. At least the list of who is visiting has been made public.
    Anonymous

• Hey ANON...try your best to live in the HERE and NOW and remember THIS guy is the one that said specifically ion his speeches that he would NOT hate lobbyists in HIS WH. Oh AND he promised CHANGE. I am holding OBAMA accountable for the words HE said. Try and stay focused.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Thed list of who visits the white house is always public. As long as they are not given a pass. You can bet many have passes in this adm. Why the suprise at Obama lying?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

Yeeeeeea, about that... OMG, it's 2009 and who is President????? :o) WHO made the campaign promise of NO Lobbyists? Who accused DC of allowing Lobbyists to have too much of a 'say' in law making and disregardig the American peple? Here and Now is correct.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• What was discussed with the Lobbyists? Does Fox News and the AP report mention any details of what was said by whom????? THAT is what we need to know. So far,we have rumors and suggestions by you guys.
    Anonymous

• Let Obama keep digging the hole sooner or later he is going to fall into it and the rock star glamour is already wearing off..people are slowly removing the rose colored glasses..whatever will he do when his popularity goes kaboom..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Uh, like, oh my gosh! I don't have an answer for this, so like, it must be bush's fault!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• So, he met with insurance company lobbyists. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't THEY the ones who take our hard earned cash and sky rocket insurance costs, and cap or cut services to us if we get too ill? Perhaps he was meeting with them to tell them to go take a flying leap, or to just listen to their side, or just get the info he needed to make the changes he was planning. Oh pardon me, it was NOT Obama, but his top Aides, whom I also assume only give him feedback on what occurred, and he decides what to do with it. Kepp in mind people, that no matter who Obama does or does not meet with, what he does or does write, or ask to become law, it is NOT up to him whether it comes to pass. It is up to CONGRESS AND HOUSE.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2009