3 week old non stop crying...

My 3 week old will not stop crying. If he is awake... he is screaming... not just fussy. Screaming. I am a second time mom and this never happened with my first.

Any thoughts? We are using the Enfamil Gentalease (I don't need to hear it about the BF again... because guess what ladies... I am unable to BF so I don't need the bashing there....) This was chosen by our pedi. He cries all the time... not just after feedings so I don't think it is the formula. Could it just be temprament? Colic? Help???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds like colic IMO but ask your doctor to find out for sure. good luck. you're not alone here, i know plenty of moms who have been thru the same thing. i never went thru it so unfortunately i can't offer any actual advice... ((hugs))
    LindseyAnne7

Answer by LindseyAnne7 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Try Mylicon. My daughter had bad constipation and the first month was miserable. But a drop of mylicon in a bottle and it should work wonders. It is safe even to the youngest newborns. Good luck.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sounds like reflux. Colic comes and goes while reflux lasts all day every day. I'd make an appointment with a GI specialist.
    Anonymous

• does he have smelly gas. Sounds like my daughter. She screamed non stop for almost 6 weeks until we figured out she was lactose intolerant.
    Anonymous

• you might try some gripe water. When my son was fussy for long periods I would give him some and it seemed to help instantly. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Thanks ladies!!!

Yes he does have very smelly gas... all day. But has several soft poopy diaper a day as well.
    Anonymous