very worried.............?

I'm not sure what to do. I'm 7 months pregnant and have had similar experiences the past few weeks although not as severe. I was at work today and all of a sudden I felt very tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open for the life of me. Nearly fell asleep 3-4 times while in music class with 10 of my special needs students. Finally I "nodded" off if thats what you want to call it and woke up just in time before I fell out of my chair. Just after that, within seconds I got a horrible migraine. But, I didn't feel nearly as tired, just had the migraine. Also, I was in class with 4 other teachers, one of which noticed I wasn't feeling right. Should I call my OB, be alarmed, is this normal???????

luvbnmomnwife

Asked by luvbnmomnwife at 9:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea you should dr
    Anonymous

• I would call your OB just to be safe. They are used to extremely dumb questions though this one doesnt sound dumb. If you have a sudden change in your health, you should always contact your doctor during pregnancy.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 9:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You should call your OB. It's possible you may have a temporary very low iron supply, which is extremely common in the third trimester. You OB may put you on iron pills until the delivery; that is what my OB did with me.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I've always been anemic. And have always been on iron pills, also just had my blood test's done and all checked out great.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would say you sound pregnant.
    Maybe dehydrated.
    Are you getting enough rest and water?

I do think you should bring up anything that concerns you with your doctor. Especially if you can't control it and you drive or watch children.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sounds like deyhdration, possibly combined with a hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) attack to me. One of the early cues I'm getting low is fatigue. Headaches centered at the back of my head, nausea, and then hot/cold flashes, dizziness, and fainting. For me, dehydration just makes my hypoglycemia worse - it's really important to keep plenty of fluids in your body to maintain correct blood chemistry.
    Definitely talk to your doctor about these episodes!
    Try to eat a little something every hour or so. Have a drink every time you eat too. Make sure that every time you eat, you have a balance of protein and carbohydrates. A handful of pretzels will make you crash even harder an hour later - have some cheese or nut butter or something along those lines because the protein digests slowly and keeps your blood sugar more even.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• yes , i'll be extremetely if i were you .

call ur ob asap

better be safe than sorry
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I always have water with me every where I go. I eat small snacks through out the day; yogurt, nuts, raisins, an apple things like that. I definately rest enough. I'm asleep by 9:30 pm normall get up between 6-6:30 am. And take a nap after work in the afternoon if I feel tired. I was also tested for everything under the sun while all of this has been happening, nothing came up in the labs. I go back to my OB Monday for the Blood Sugar test and my normal prenatal visit. I started every 2 weeks a bit early since I have these concerns.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 5:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2009