My son has been throwing up since about four..

He hasn't had a whole lot to eat today and I'm not sure what's wrong. Is it just a virus?

He's been drinking Pedialite but keeps throwing it up.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give tiny sips (like literally tablespoon size) every 20 minutes or so to help keep him hydrated but DON'T let him gulp lots of water or whatever he is drinking because it will come right back up. Probably just a stomach virus if he's not got any other really concerning symptoms. Also, if you can, put the drink in a sippy cup because they don't drink it so fast. Just give him a small drink every 15 - 20 minutes or so. If his eyes and mouth get really dry (especially if the inside of his mouth is dry and sticky), his eyes get sunken in, or he cries but no tears come, then take him to the ER because dehydration can be very very bad in young children. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i know here, there is an UGLY stomach bug/flu going around. it lasts about 24 hours. and then everything is fine. my 2 year old got it two weeks ago, and puked for about 12 hours and at one point had a SLIGHT fever. then hubs got it, and it lasted about 12 hours too. then i got it the worst, and was puking my brains out for about 24hours. i was really bad, but i'm also 5 days from my due date, and got really dehydrated, and such.... so i think that had something to do with it.
    try tiny ice chips for a while, and lay off the pedialyte. see if he can keep that tiny amount of water down, and move up from there.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• IDK... Both of my kids have had this problem for the past few days. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow, I will be taking them to the ER. One of them, this happened on Monday, was fine Tuesday, then started up again today. My little one just started this yesterday, but it's been pretty constant. I bought them some ginger ale, and crackers. Only my oldest will eat them. My LO has no appetite at all. *sigh*
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2009