What time of day do you do your Thanksgiving Dinner

Do you eat at lunchtime, dinnertime, or somewhere in the middle. Also what area of the country do you live in. I have heard mealtime is somewhat regional. Curious to know if its true....

karamille

Asked by karamille at 9:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Holidays

• We live in Michigan and we will be eating at 3pm----- that is if the turkeys are done.lol
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We're doing early dinner, around 4. That's what I grew up doing in TX. Big brunch instead of breakfast/lunch around 11, then cooking the rest of the time til 4 or 430.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We are doing a late dinner around 730pm central time. my husband works until 700 so we cant eat without him.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We do lunchtime at 12. I'm in Arkansas
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm in WA. We eat around 2 or 3. Want to watch the morning and evening football games LOL. Don't really care about watching the Dallas game.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We are in WA too. Hubby and several of the guests work till 2 pm so we will eat about 3:30 or 4 PST. Everybody else nibbles at a large appetizer buffet till then, so it's sort of an all day thing. I have everything ready for the buffet and just have to pop the turkey and stuff for dinner in the oven and let it cook till time to serve it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I am in AZ and we are having ours at 12. I always love to take a nap with the kiddos right after we eat :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• we're eating at 3pm
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• When I was a kid we usually ate between 2 and 3pm, late lunch I guess. Then we would chow down on leftovers around 6pm.
    Now, because I don't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn to put the turkey in, I cook to eat at our normal dinner time...around 5-6pm. Just depends on whenever the food gets done. I'm shooting for 4:30-5pm this year. Oh, we're in Chicago.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2009