mini pill

I am still breastfeeding and on the mini pill,however my husband and I will be going away for a couple of days while my baby while will be with my in laws.
could I still fall pregnant while not breastfeeding her for a couple of days?

maddyboo24

Asked by maddyboo24 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The mini pill does work even if you're not bf'ing. Some women take it even when you're not bf'ing- women who can't take estrogen, for instance. It is just not as effective as a regular bcp, even under the best of circumstances. Make sure to take it at the same time every day and you will get the effectiveness of the method whether you are bf'ing or not (the catch is that the mini pill is generally less effective than the combined pill- about 95% with perfect use as opposed to about 99% with perfect use, and the effectiveness of the minipill drops quickly if you don't take it at the same time every day.)

I've been on the minipill for almost three years, though I hope to switch to a combined pill again at my next physical because I have a lot of random breakthrough bleeding on the mini pill. No pregnancies though- knock on wood!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes. Anytime you have sex you can get pregnant.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You can still get pregnant on the mini pill and breastfeeding. Not breastfeeding for a couple of days isn't going to increase or decrease your chances of getting pregnant if you're still having sex.

I know of 4 babies born thanks to breastfeeding and the minipill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009