Does your 1 year olds diaper leak while he is asleep?

My son is 14 months old and we use luvs Diapers. He is sleeping through the night. When he wakes up in the morning he is soaken wet from where he peed so much in the middle of the night and his diaper leaked. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If not and your son/daughter has a full diaper in the morning but he or she is not leaking what kind of Diapers do you use?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to have this issue with my youngest. I changed her to the bigger size (she was in a 4, now she is in a 5) and it stopped leaking. I use Sam's club brand of diapers called Marks and I love them.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• thats we were going to try. We bought size 5 tonight but still have a few size 4 ones left so I have not opened the box yet. The size 4 seem like a good size for him. But, maybe there not. I am hoping that will do the trick! I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem! Thanks!

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Luvs did leak on my first when we used them but we use huggies and my daughter is 20mos and I think only once did they leak. It can depnd though if your LO is a heavy wetter.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Luv's leaked something terrible with my son. Boys tend to leak way worse than girls! Try Pampers they were the only ones that worked. Also I was nursing or giving a bottle before bedtime at that age and he'd pee through every night instead of right before go an hour before it helps a lot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Luvs had the same results with my one year old son. we now use the TARGET brand ones, cheaper and WAY better!!
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 1:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• That used to happen with my dd sometimes. I went up a size in diapers and I also cut down her fluid intake right before bed time. We really haven't had any problems with it since.

P.S. If you're looking into a different and/or cheaper brand, I recommend White Cloud from WalMart, we love them!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• My DD is 21 months old and she is in size 5. She sleeps long at night 8:30 to 7:30 or so. And she loves to drink. We use Huggies and they have a overnight diaper that we put on her at night. Since we did that we have not leaks.

Jenn
    jelync

Answer by jelync at 3:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• We use Target brand and they have never leaked. My DS is 19 months and we use size 4.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Luvs leaked for us too. Target brand is great, but we usually get Huggies, and the Huggies Overnights for bed time.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 4:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Use a larger size for bedtime. My dd is in a size 3, but wears a size 4 at bedtime. I use Pampers Extra Protection diapers.

Does your son take a bottle/sippy before bed? That may be the reason why he's waking up so wet. I notice that when my daughter doesn't finish her bedtime bottle, her diaper isn't very soaked in the am's.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2009