is this illegal?

me and the family are goiing to take pictures today i found a photographer that im very pleased with. i checked out her pricing for the photos and its very expensive. i want to buy a small package and get copies at wal-mart. i dont want the cops waiting on me at the door LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When you get the prints from the photographer tell her that you want the rights to the photos. She may or may not charge you extra for the rights. She can give you a signed document that you can present to a photo clerk that says that you own the rights to the photos. I had to do this with my wedding photos.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• no. You can make the copies yourself...does it have a signature on them...such as olanmills or something? If not you can say a family friend did it..they wont have proof...sometimes the walmart people like to be assholes and check the pics you make copies of yourself off the scanner and if they notice its professional all they can do is tell you they cant let you keep your copies and all you have to say is "why"...and "oh" "well i did'nt know" They wont arrest you for it. If they try to say anything without the signature its your word against theirs and i would tell them to kiss your ass
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• yeah having the rights usually costs you an extra couple hundred dollars...or you can ask her for a disk of the photos..usually cost about an extra 50 to 100 bucks really just depends on the photographer.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would ask for a disk with the photos on it. That way she can't come back and say you made copies illegally.
    kajunmomma

Answer by kajunmomma at 11:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Based on what you're describing-- buying a photo package-- you are not also purchasing the copyrights. Copyright violations can incur both criminal and civil penalties.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2009