just wondering

how long did you bleed after you had your baby i had my baby a week ago and i'm still bleeding??just wondering if it normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bled for 6 weeks straight. Stopped for 2 days and bled for another 2 weeks then finally stopped. Its very normal
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think that's normal, but I don't remember how long I bled. I think they said if the blood is bright red and you are going through a pad in one hour or if you have large clots like the size of a golf ball or bigger than you should worry. If it's getting lighter and the clots are not big you should be fine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It is different for every one , but yes bleeding for 4-6 weeks is the average. The bright red blood for about 2 weeks then the color changes to a brownish pink color then it changes again to a whitish discharge. Like PP said, if you soak through a pad an hour call your Dr and if you are passing very large blood clots about the size of a golf ball call your Dr. Nothing in the vagina until the Doc gives you the ok...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Just a week ago? You may still bleed for several weeks. I was about 5.5 weeks when I stopped bleeding. Do not get freaked out when your first period comes, it may be a rough one. My first period started about 3 months after I had my daughter and it last 28 days (a whole birth control pack, craziness). I was so freaked out and called my OB/GYN office and the nurse told me the first few could be like that. They were all normal after that first one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i bleed for 3 weeks
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I had a C-section and bled for 6 weeks exactly. Then had the Mirena put in and spotted for 4 more weeks. BUT haven't had a period since. I am breastfeeding so I don't know if it's the Mirena or the nursing.
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 4:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I bled for 5 weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i bleed for around 2.5 weeks, been having a darker discharge since then but nothing horrible. I was just happy that I never really had a heavy flow at all, heaviest it was was right after birth. by that night it had slowed down considerably!! now at 4 weeks post pardon i'm having that whiteish discharge, weird as hell if i may say so.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2009