Any moms really good with grammar (pronouns) bored and wanna take a look at something for me?

This has already been handed in, so I'm not asking anybody to do my work for me, I just want to compare and get an idea of how I did. The more I do these it seems the more easily I get confused on them, lol.

Need to underline any errors in pronoun usage. Sentences may have more than one, one , or none.

- I enjoy vacationing at the beach because you can choose from so many activities.
- Eddie told his brother he needed to study more.
- Students should talk with their instructors when having problems so that they won't fall behind in class.
- When I placed the book on the shelf, it fell.
- I moved the old sofa out of the garage and cleaned it thoroughly.
- Those people standing next to me are members of my family, and this person across the room is my friend.
- We enjoy walking because it's great exercise and gives you the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature.
- The six of us, we will be handing out programs at the ga

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Those are the only ones I can see. Maybe I'm just not that good at grammar. English grammar is a b*tch lol
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• - I enjoy vacationing at the beach because you can choose from so many activities.

SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• - I enjoy vacationing at the beach because YOU can choose from so many activities.
    - Students should talk with their instructors when having problems SO THAT they won't fall behind in class.
    - The six of us, WE will be handing out programs at the ga

Couldn't underline tehm so I put them in all caps. I'm not the best at it so please don't grade it.
    Anonymous

• Thanks Sandra. That's why I was wondering about it because I felt like I should have had more marked than I did, and yes it really is!
    Anonymous

• When I placed the book on the shelf, it fell

This is a misplaced pronoun. It makes it sound like the shelf fell.

It could say "When I set the book down it fell" or "After I set it down on the shelf, the book fell."
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• A lot of these are ambiguous reference (like what Ati 13 says) or number/person match (corrected in CAPS) .

-I enjoy vacationing at the beach because I can choose from so many activities (I not you)

-Eddie told his brother he needed to study more. (Who needed to study more? the brother or Eddie?)

-Students should talk with their instructors when having problems so that they won't fall behind in class. Looks okay

-When I placed the book on the shelf, it fell. (what fell?)

-I moved the old sofa out of the garage and cleaned it thoroughly. (cleaned the garage or the sofa?)

-THESE people standing next to me are members of my family, and THAT person across the room is my friend.

-We enjoy walking because it's great exercise and gives US the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature.

-The six of us will be handing out programs at the ga. (DELETED WE)
    Kajon

Answer by Kajon at 12:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2009