10 months old

My 10 month old absolutely refuses to wear shoes...anyone elses baby do this? Even socks are hard to keep on him. Any ways to get him to wear them? He isn't walking yet but I live in OK and its starting to get very cold outside now and would like for him to keep his feet covered somehow.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did not start wearing shoes until after he was 12 months. And he still takes them off if he gets a chance! If you just can not get him to wear them at all no matter what you try. Try buying the PJ pants with the feet in them and let him wear them under his pants. I mean if its cold a little extra clothes wont matter right?
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• lol very true...wear can you find the footer pants at?
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Being that its winter now you can probably find them at wal-mart or target....If you think they are too thin you could always put the socks on and then the PJ pants over them, then put on his normal clothes...I am in Maryland and my son was younger through the summer months. but it is getting cold now. I know it does not get anywhere near as cold here as it does there though!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My baby is 1o months old, too. I take off his shoes when he tries to walk. Basically I just put them on him when we go out, cause it's cold. I have found shoes with velcro straps on the top stay on a lot better. Buy yeah, also get the outfits with the footies. I'd put socks on under them since his feet might still get cold. The only thing is is that those pj's are a pain when changing a diaper! GL!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 4:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i have the same problem. my son won't keep shoes OR SOCKS on for anything. once i put them on he takes them right off. drives me nuts. it's cold out and he needs to have socks on his feet.
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2009