I have a question for Pro-lifers

One of the arguments i hear most often is that you are speaking for the one who has no voice (the unborn). So, you believe that this women should have to have the baby despite the "it's her body" argument. Do you also feel it is okay to tell another person how to raise their child? I mean, the woman's body is no longer involved so if you saw a mom give a baby Mountain Dew in it's bottle would you report it? Or say something to the parents? I guess what i'm asking is how far does your voice for the child (the one with no voice) go?

I am NOT trying to start debate about what is better. I am pro-choice but i have heard enough of that debate. I am genuinely curious as to how far most pro-lifers take the "speaking for the one with no voice" argument (which i DO believe to be a valid argument).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's not true anon. I can't tell you how many people I know that you just lumped into that group that are foster parents and others that have adopted. There are also those who like to think of themselves as open minded because they aren't committed to a religion and then make the kind of statements that you just made.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• It has been my experience that the anti-choice people only seem to care about UNBORN children, and don't seem to give a damn about them once they're born. Hence all the Conservatives wanting to cut funding for social programs to HELP these women and children AFTER the kid is born.
    Anonymous

• You must keep this in mind about the pro-life Christian. God is the creator of life, we do not have the authority to take it. And we (our bodies) are not our own. We have been bought with a price (the blood of Christ). So the "it's her body argument" doesn't work either.
    Anonymous

• i'd stand for all the constitutional things always as to report those to the authorities
    all other issues would be addressed either to the parents or public around as to for the parents hear disguise and wide spread critique. for 'the parents to have their ears swollen' (Polish saying for having red ears when feeling ashamed)
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009