What books and authors are you reading?

Looking for new books and good authors to read. I read all the time and am needing something new. Any suggestions would be welcome. I read both fiction and non fiction.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 11:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am reading Stephenie Meyers Twilight Series. I am on the 3rd book. Eclipse. If you have watched the movie but, have not read the books. The books are so much better! After reading them they make the movies better also!

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm reading C.S. Friedman's trilogy. The first is called Black Sun Rising. It's actually really good. I also just finished Jacqueline Carey's series up to current, and it's flippin AMAZING. If you read those, though, be prepared for some very detailed sex scenes, and not all of them are nice.

Robert Jordan's new book just came out...

Terry Goodkind is pretty good too, especially if you like the whole fight for freedom premise.

Elizabeth Haydon writes some awesome stuff, too, and my daughter is actually named for her first trilogy (Rhapsody) lol.

Those are my favorites.

I also love Your Best Birth by Rikki Lake and Abby Epstein. And I'm also reading Birth Partner by Penny Simkin (birth worker here... gotta love the birth books lol)

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm reading Sarah Pailin's "Going Rogue."
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Well i love Dean Koontz and Steven King. I just finished the book called "False Memory" by Dean Koontz and i loved it!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer :) I'm at the last book (breaking dawn). I also am almost done chicken soup for the soul on being a parent (101 best stories) and it's been great :) strongly recommend to everyone
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Eclipse is my favorite of the Twilight series.

Blood and Chocolate or Freaks Alive on the Inside by Annette Curtis Klaus. B&C is excellent,.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Gabriel Garcia Marquez :love and other demons, chronicles of a death foretold, memories of my melancholy whores and love in the time of cholera
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, it's so good, but sad and yet hopeful. I cried, but it's a really good book. The newest book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon just came out too, but you really need to read the whole series for this latest book to make a lot of sense. I'm also a big Stephen King and Dean Koontz fan and have asked for their latest books for Christmas. I also liked the Twilight series (haven't seen the movies, they look awful and in my opinion the casting was terrible) and I really liked The Host by Stephenie Meyer as well.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Laurell K. Hamilton : Anita Blake (vampire executioner series some prtety good sex scenes to) Meredith Gentry series (Fairy Princess also good sex scenes)

Janet Evanovich: Stephanie Plum series (bounty hunter chick no supernatural stuff in this one)

Anne Rice: All the vampire chronicles

The Fablehaven series (a preserve for supernatural creatures, easy reads very entertaining)

Dean Koontz: The Odd Thomas series (he sees ghost and helps them, kinda like ghost whisper but better)

Mary Janice Davidson (she does a vampire series very witty and unusual, talks alot about shoes too)

I hope these help, Most of them are supernatural but very good. These are some of my favorites I would recommend checking them out online before you buy.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Martin Limon - Budda's Money
    Mortal Allies (don't remember author, sorry)
    Leon Uris - Trinity, Exodus
    Ann Rice - the Beauty trilogy
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2009