Is it possible to have an ear infection the doctors cannot see?

My ear has been hurting on and off for the past two months, everytime a doctor looks at it they say its okay. but now I have really bad ringing with it, extreme dizziness, and also have a low grade fever.
Is it possible for me to have an infection they cant see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• it could be a tooth...when my wisdom teeth were coming my ears hurt really bad!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes, my grandson had one. The doctor kept saying his ears were fine. My dd took him to the ER with pain and there was a pediatric ENT there who looked and saw it where others missed it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes, it is possible but it could also be your sinuses or teeth/jaw and not your ear at all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Not really. It could be your jaw or your teeth. I've had the same problems over the last year. Getting my top wisdom teeth helped immensely. I've also been going to the chiropractof to have my jaw & sinuses adjusted - some of the nerves to/from your ears/sinuses go right through the jaw, so it it's the slightest bit out of place it can cause extreme, distressing pain. Trust me, I've had a hell of a year dealing with it, thinking all along it was an ear infection but it's not. So if the doctors say it's not your ear, go to the dentist, then go to the chiropractor. It's done wonders for me! (Now I just have to get a cavity filled so this "sinus" pain goes away!)
    Anonymous

• YES!! This happened to my son! I kept taking him back to the doctor over and over and over until his ear drums burst!!!! BOTH OF THEM. GET PUSHY
    StudioM

Answer by StudioM at 11:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009