round ligament pain in the pubic bone area.. how can i ease this pain??

i know it won't truly go away til the baby comes. but damn, it hurts. when i stretch a leg up to put my pants on it feels like all the rubberbands holding my pelvis together are going to snap and the bone is going to crush itself. i get this same feeling when getting up off the couch after relaxing "too long" (which is usually after my kids are in bed), in the middle of the night during trips to the bathroom, during the trips to the bathroom, shifting positions, during a walk with the kids, pretty much all the freakin time. i still have 8 weeks to go and i know it's only going to intensify. what to do?? =(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry for you honey! I had exactly the same thing and it started at the end of my first trimester. Even bending down slightly killed me, I think it was worse than the actual labor ha! I agree with asaffell, definitely tell your doctor and see if you can get a referral. The only good thing I can say is that as soon as you give birth, the pain goes away. Good luck!
    TopBrit

Answer by TopBrit at 8:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• It's probably not round ligament pain, since that usually occurs on the sides of the uterus. Pubic bone pain is most likely symphysis pubis dysfunction. There's a little piece of cartilage in the front of your pelvis that loosens during your pregnancy to allow the pelvis to open for birth. You can try and see a chiropractor - a misalignment could be contributing to it, and that would reduce the chance of it being recurrent in any future pregnancies.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i ahve had this from the stat and i still have 13 weeks to go, i have found if i walk slower (it takes longer but works) it isnt as bad and when i sit down or in bed i use plenty of pillows and always make sure my feet r propd up and that works a treat for me
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 7:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I had this too-and lots and lots of water and Tylenol helps some! :) The more hydration the better!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2009