do you believe in heaven but you dont believe in hell?

sorry, i read this from a post. Someone had said that you can believe in God and believe in heaven and not believe in hell. I'm not religious at all...people can believe in whatever they want for all i care. My question is do TRUE christians believe in hell? You should believe in hell if you are truely christian right?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I was going through confirmation classes (I'm Protestant) my Pastor said there was no hell in the fire and brimstone sense and that God forgives all people, all sins but that your have to work through your own issues before you advance to heaven.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• yes if you are a true christian you should believe there is a heaven and a hell. And I truly believe that there is!

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• well im not a christain but a catholic....i believe in just heaven, my family believes in hell...i even was raised to believe in hell...but when i became older, i made my own belief's and dont care about anyone else's belief's either.

i believe that all people bad or good go to heaven only...hey i dont even go to church because i dont find it necessary to believe and pray to our heavenly father by going to church, i love him and believe him on my time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Who can say who is 'truly Christian?' Most self-identified Christians I know do believe in a literal Hell, however I also know a variety of self-identified Christians who do not believe in the traditional idea of Hell (and hold a variety of differing beliefs ranging from universal forgiveness/salvation to the extinction of the soul of unbelievers rather than continuation in a place of torment.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I'm a true christian and I believe in God, heaven but I dont believe in hell. I try to follow the bible closely and love God w/ all my heart. These are a few scriptures from the bible saying that the wicked will be destroyed.

4 “The upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.”—Proverbs 2:21, 22

Psalm 37:9-11
    9 For the evildoers shall be cut off,
    but those who wait for the LORD shall inherit the land.

10In just a little while, the wicked will be no more;
    though you look carefully at his place, he will not be there.
    11But the meek shall inherit the land
    and delight themselves in abundant peace.

proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Psalm 37:37-38
    37Mark the blameless and behold the upright,
    for there is a future for the man of peace.
    38But transgressors shall be altogether destroyed;
    the future of the wicked shall be cut off.

Psalm 37:34

34 Wait for the LORD and keep his way,
    and he will exalt you to inherit the land;
    you will look
    proudmomma777

• those readings from the bible dont answer the poster's question....do you have a reading from the bible that says there's a heaven and hell?

thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• the bible readings only state what the lord may do to man, how's that answering the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• she asked about people who believe in God and heaven and not hell
    these scriptures are talking about how the wicked will be destroyed, he doesnt say that the meek will inherit the earth and the wicked will go to hell its saying that they will be destroyed.

God and Jesus and the angels live in heaven, theres alot of scriptures about heaven
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• sure, the wicked will be punished but how's that telling the difference if there's a heaven and hell?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2009