if we knew what our parents.............. ?

even if it sounds stupid , i still wanted to know this:

do you think that , if you could remember what your parents did for you since when you were a baby , would you been more apreciative of your parents ?

because , lets face it , i think we all remember stuff fRom our childhood , but not since we were taht young ! lol

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know what my mom did for me when I was born which was nothing...so no to her. However i would appreciate my dad more if thats possiable.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• probably would appriciate it more if i saw it on a movie screen or something while i was a baby...she tells me that my dad drank the last of the milk when we needed it most, he made her go ask her mom and dad for money for a gun, she was so poor raising us alone she even made a cutout of a christmas tree on a wall in place of a christmas tree..these are storys that i was told and i believe them.

it'd prolly bring me to tears if i saw it in real life on a movie or something.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Hmm... well, I think when I was younger knowing what she went through when I was newborn wouldn't have made a difference. Now that I know how hard she tried to have me and what a rough time in childbirth she had with me, and looking back on all the times she has been there for me, I am very appreciative.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i feel like my mom neglected me but i will never know
    i dont want my kids to know what i have done for them, it would be a huge burden you know, they owe me their lives
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I remember my mom and sisters...occasionaly my dad (he worked so much too pay for all my hospital and doctor bills) sitting with me in the hospital for hours and sometimes days. Sometimes I was there for weeks but someone always try to be there with me..except my brothers, which I guess I like them...lol! We may not agree on everything but I love them a lot.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Oh yes. Even though you choose to have kids, it's not until you're "in" it that you realize the love, work, time, financial stress, emotional stress, joys, sorrows, fatigue that goes with it. It's an enormous challenge. To be honest, I might not have done it, had I known just how hard it was---FOR LIFE! I'm grateful for my kids and like my parents, I will likely not tell them the sacrifice involved in having them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• No, I would not/do not appreciate her more. The things she did when i was that young was keep me alive by feeding me and changing my diaper. Everything is is what is most important and what she badly messed up on. To me that is what counts.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I didn't appreciate my parents until I became a mother.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009