How can I save my marriage?

After 8 yrs of marriage i feel like calling it quits,but i don't for the 2 kids that we have ..I would like to get some advice on how to save my marriage since feel we are both falling out of love.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Are you just wanting to call it quits because you're bored with each other? Have you tried taking time out for just the two of you? Get a baby sitter, go out to eat, rent a hotel room for the night, things like that. However, if you're both always fighting and things like that you shouldn't stay together for the kids. The fighting is going to be worse on them than a divorce.
    lilmel1694

Answer by lilmel1694 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I think in successful marriages you have to put as much energy into your relationship w/each other as you do with the kids. Sometimes its hard to build it back when two people have drifted far apart. But its possible. You may not be in love, but do you love each other. All marriages hit those rocky times - mine is right not- but if you are both willing to try - then there is hope. Spend time together - try to do the things that you did in the beginning. Talk positively to each other. Support, appreciate, acknowledge and affirm each other. Marriage is hard. When i read most of the post on cafe mom, everyone seems to be so happy in their marriage, but sometimes I'm like, why the hell did I get married? Ever consider outside help. A third party not familiar with your situation can sometimes may open your eyes to a lot of different issues going on. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• What options have you exhausted thus far? Have you tried marriage counseling yet?
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• ask yourself why you are not happy and see if you can fix that problem, but if you are both unhappy it wont work. it is selfish to stay together for the kids. its not fair to them .it is fixable it will happen if not a happy divorce is better than a messy hatred marriage
    fishersmom06

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• get counselling, honestly. if that still doesnt work then at least u gave it a shot and u cant feel bad about it.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2008