how do i get my husband more involved in the pregnancy?

my husband is so happy that we are having a baby, but he doesn't like to show it all the time and he leaves all the decision making to me. so what can i do?

mom2b427

Asked by mom2b427 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I hate to say this but most men are like that. I love my DH so much but when it comes to making a decision its all up to me. The way I got my hubby involved was I made the decision and made him to all the heavy lifting. If you need help picking paint or clothes get your mom or girlfriend to help. I know with me that I just had to accept the fact that my hubby is lazy when it comes to certain things. As long as he is there for you and loves you thats what matters most. He may not be all cuddley and touchy but when he is it makes those moments that much more special.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Look at it this way...the baby isn't born yet, so it's hard for him to get as outrageously excited as you. Naturally YOU're excited because YOU're teh one carrying the baby. You physically feel the pregnancy. He doesn't. He'll probably only get really excited during the last (very visible) stages of pregnancy, or when the baby is actually born.

If you want to get him more involved, try telling him about how the pregnancy feels, put his hand to your belly when the baby kicks, etc. Show him what YOU'RE experiencing.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Leave all the baby literature and fun new Dad books(there are quite a few that are funny) in the bathroom where he does his business. Just make sure there is nothing else for him to read.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I think that's pretty common. It can feel pretty weird I'm sure for them because we're the only who experiences it all (good and bad). All they really get is our complaining and moodiness, with the occasional "feel the baby kick." Most men aren't really that excited about buying things either unless it means putting things together with screws and tools. At least that's how my husband was. When I would get clothes and things for the baby, my DH didn't care too much. So I just kind of let it go and didn't think too much about it. Once baby comes, they usually get a lot more involved.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2009