i didnt know i was pregnant ????

do you think that women can be pregnant and not have a belly ?

im obviously talkin/ referring to the last months of the pregnancy :)

a belly is the most obvious sign of pregnancy , and these women taht tehy show on the show series also have 8 pound babies and "didnt have a belly"

dont you think , that's absurd and crazy ?

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• seriously shut up. babies can sit more towards the back! IT happens no matter what u or anyone else has to say about it. my friends mom didnt know she was pregnant till she was 7 months she hurt her back went to the hospital and found out. and oddly enough he was bigger then 8 lbs. all pregnancies are different some ppl get big others dont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Well, unless the mother has so much weight on her she hardly notices her belly as a sign of pregnancy. But when you normally has just a normal figure, you could really notice your belly bulge! For those whose pregnancy seemed unnoticed and without the belly sign..well...they might have used girdles!! But that's so mean for the baby! In fairness, give the baby enough space to "move around" :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• yes it is entirely possible, my sister in law never showed at all, made me so mad lol we were pregnant at the same time and i was HUGE and she looked like she always does with no belly at all.

There are plenty of cases where women never showed and didnt know they were pregnant, I had a boss who was one of them she didnt find out till she was 8 months along and it was her 3rd baby. many women dont gain more than 5-10 pounds and many have no signs of pregnancy at all.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I have seen several episodes of this show and think it depends on the woman. I believe that there really are some women who don't show at all and don't realize they are pregnant because of birth control, irregular periods, or even regular periods throughout the pregnancy. One episode had a woman who had already been through 2 normal pregnancies. The third one she didn't show and continued to have periods! Those stories scare me!!
    On the other hand, there have been many women on that show that just piss me off. They admit that their period stopped, that they noticed weight gain and their stomach hardened, they say how they got sick alot, and how they felt something kicking but thought it was indigestion. Those are the ones who you just wanna stamp the word "stupid" on their forehead. I have noticed that most of the women who "don't" show are overweight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Yes it is possible to not show or have a tiny belly, i normally have a flat stomach and i don't show a lot during pregnancy, at the end i look like most look at 3-4 months. Both my babies were normal size babies. What i don't understand is not feeling anything move or not having any instincts about something being off. I also don't gain a lot of weight during pregnancy, with my first i didn't gain anything and with my second it was about 10 pounds or so.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• not if you're me lol I'm very petite and show very early on (at least I have with the last two pregnancies). I only gained 25 lbs with each baby I've had, but that weight is very obvious.

As far as the credibility of the women on the show? I suppose it could happen, if one is not in tune with their body *shrug*
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Some people don't get the typical 'big round belly' sticking out in front. They do gain weight but it doesn't look like a pregnancy belly, it looks more like they have put on a few extra pounds.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• my mother once worked with someone whom nobody belived she was pregnant, because she had no belly. when she went on maternity leave, though, nobody could continue to disbleive it
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• if you are already larger, it's possible to lose weight while pregnant.

Depending on where baby is, it's possible to have a small or tiny belly. couple that with a person who is already "overweight", it is possible.
    Anonymous

• I think it is a deep-seated psychological denial. I think they really 100% are unaware they are pregnant - the same way a schizophrenic is unaware of the truth we realize - that elephants are not running through the living room or the CIA is not out to get them.
    Anonymous